Mohammad Majid Hussain, the Ahmednagar division corporator, has been unanimously elected as the new Mayor of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation.
Majid was elected in the GHMC’s special general body meeting held at the GHMC council hall at Tank Bund here on Tuesday. His candidature was proposed by MIM’s Doodhbowli corporator MA Ghaffar and former Mayor Banda Karthika Chandra Reddy. Within 20 minutes, the election process was completed and 30-year-old Majid Hussain was declared elected.
Later, Congress floor leader K Venkatesh and MIM’s Mohammad Nazeeruddin proposed the candidature of Kavadiguda corporator G Raj Kumar for the post of Deputy Mayor. He too was unanimously elected.
The opposition Telugu Desam Party and Bharatiya Janata Party boycotted the elections and staged a walkout from the GHMC’s council. Therefore, of 150, only 124 corporators were present during the voting.
City Minister D Nagender and M Mukesh Goud, Congress MPs Nandi Yellaiah and Anjan Kumar Yadav, MIM MLAs Ahmed Pasha Quadri, Mumtaz Ahmed Khan, Muqtada Afsar Khan, Mohammad Moazam Khan, Ahmed Balala and Virasat Rasool Khan were also present. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections