The Supreme Court on Monday directed the CBI to submit a report within four weeks on the Pratyusha suicide case in which Siddharth Reddy was jailed for two years.
The apex court issued these directions following a petition filed by Siddharth Reddy, who sought further reduction of jail term awarded by the High Court. He surrendered last week and was sent to Chanchalguda Jail.
Earlier, the High Court reduced Siddharth Reddy’s jail term from 6 to 2 years besides a fine of Rs 50,000 on charges of abetment to suicide.
Siddharth and Pratyusha, who were reportedly in love without parental approval, consumed poison and were admitted to a private hospital on 23 February 2002.
Pratyusha died in the hospital, and Siddharth survived. The CBI investigation concluded that Siddharth had driven Pratyusha to commit suicide. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!